Are you looking to start a new life in Ventura? If so, then you should prepare yourself for gorgeous weather, a breathtaking coastline, an unbeatable community, and close proximity to everything you need. The city is reputed — among those in the know, that is — for its epic surf conditions, its nearly endless green space, and its 10,000-year history. While other cities have dominated the California spotlight, it’s high time we started talking about the wonderful benefits of Ventura.
Things You Need to Know About Ventura
- The weather is undeniably wonderful. The summers are warm and clear, and the winters are long, cool, wet, and partly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 46°F to 76°F and is rarely below 39°F or above 82°F. Ventura enjoys envious weather year-round with an average of 273 sunny days per year. Just like Goldilocks’ porridge, the days are neither too cold not too hot – they’re just right.
- Ventura is positioned well to have easy access to other locations in California. It is conveniently located off California’s historic US 101 freeway, which is arguably the most picturesque coastal freeway in the country. Living in Ventura gives you an easy route to visit San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Big Sur.
- Music is a big part of its history. The Majestic Ventura Theater – a registered 20th-century landmark – has seen the walks of top performers, including Johnny Cash, Ray Charles, Tom Petty, Van Halen, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and more. In 1968, John Lennon played to the surprise of a small gathering at a Ventura beach bar while studying in Ojai. Today, musicians busk on just about every street to fill the area with music.
- It hosts an incredible county fair. The Ventura County Fair is complete with rides, stalls, games, and delicious food and drink for everyone. It’s fun, lively, and makes each year a summer not to forget.
- It’s home to a lot of start-ups. In 2009, the city of Ventura funded Ventura Ventures Technology Center, a biz-tech incubator intended to promote entrepreneurship and give a boost to the local community. There are many innovative start-ups to be found in Ventura.
- It has a strong economic base. It is home to a variety of different industries, including biotechnology, health care, education, agriculture, advanced tech, oil production, military testing, and tourism. The area is bursting full of innovative businesses, an engaged and focused workforce, and offices and workspaces to suit each unique company. Even Patagonia’s headquarters are located in downtown Ventura!
Did you know these interesting facts about Ventura? Whether you’re looking to relocate or start a business, there are many reasons why you should consider Ventura.
Looking for assistance in setting up your business in Ventura County? Don’t hesitate to get started! Business Forward Ventura County is a countrywide initiative and business resource hub committed to delivering economic development support for businesses. Contact us today for more information on how we can help.