Ventura County’s ten key cities Camarillo, Fillmore, Moorpark, Ojai, Oxnard, Port Hueneme, Thousand Oaks, Santa Paula, Simi Valley, and Ventura, offer a unique combination of highly skilled workers, financial stability, well-developed infrastructure, and access to major markets. This creates a unique advantage for those seeking to start, expand or relocate their business.
The following are 10 ways in which you can make the most of these resources and grow your business in Ventura County.
1. Know Your Customers –You should be aware of your customers’ needs and tailor your products and services to meet those needs. You can get insights into customers’ wants by personalizing your offerings and by encouraging customers to give you feedback.
2. Provide Excellent Customer Service –Exceptional customer service will get you repeat customers as well as referrals.
3. Nurture Current Customers and Seek New Opportunities –Maintain a strong relationship with your current customers while constantly looking for opportunities to expand your customer base.
4. Leverage Social Media –Social media can help you promote your offerings, gain valuable market insights, enhance your customer service, increase brand awareness and draw in new customers.
5. Grow Your Team – Just as you should focus on serving the needs of your customers, you should also focus on hiring the right people. In Ventura County, organizations such as Career One Stop Business Center provide subsidized hiring and training resources to employers.
6. Support Your Community –Being socially responsible and giving back to the community is an excellent way to grow your brand and showcase your business values.
7. Develop More Income Streams – To grow your revenue, you need to diversify your income streams. This could mean increasing the range of your offerings, targeting a wider range of customers with separate pricing models and more.
8. Network – Networking can connect you to new investors, partnerships, employees and customers.
9. Get Funding –For you to attain your business growth goals, you may need to obtain business loans. Don’t hesitate to get funding through a loan. In Ventura County, there are numerous sources of business funding, including the Economic Development Collaborative, IBank, and Women’s Economic Ventures.
10. Measure and Iterate –Actively track and measure efforts to grow your business to ensure its effectiveness. Be open to new approaches. Refine your methods if they’re not helping you achieve desired results, and focus your energy on activities that drive the best outcomes.
Want to learn more about Ventura County and the opportunities for growth here? Business Forward Ventura County is a countywide initiative and business resource hub committed to delivering the resources and services needed for local businesses to thrive. Contact us today!